Raja Ampat

Hi my beloved reader(s)! 
Do you have a favorite place? What is your favourite place? Have you ever been to your favorite place?  



My favorite place is Raja Ampat. Unfortunately I've never gone to Raja Ampat. Raja Ampat is located in West Papua Province. For me, Raja Ampat is a mini version of Indonesia archipelago. It consists of  four main islands: Batanta, Misool, Salawati, and Waigeo. If you want to go to Raja Ampat, you have to take a boat from Papua of an airplane from Central Maluku

Raja Ampat panoramic view 

Raja Ampat means four kings. Local people believe that the name of Raja Ampat archipelago comes from local mythology. They say, there was a woman who found seven magical eggs. Four of the seven magical eggs hatched and became four kings. Their names become the name of four main islands. The other three eggs became  a ghost, a stone, and a woman.    

Raja Ampat is one of the most attractive places in the world. Many tourist, especially divers, have gone to Raja Ampat because of the Raja Ampat underwater beauty. Raja Ampat is a part of Coral Triangle which contains the richest marine biodiversity on earth. There are 1,508 fish species, 537 coral species, and 699 mollusk species. 

Marine biodiversity of Raja Ampat

There are many cottages for tourists. The local government gets much profit from tourism. I have a dream to go to Raja Ampat with my family.  I learn to save some of my pocket money so I can help my parents collecting the fund and hopefully we can go there.


Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raja_Ampat_Islands

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Yogyakarta

DEWA ATHENA