ImaginaXium

Unforgettable, that's what you are
Unforgettable, both near or far
Like a song of love that clings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before
Has someone been more .....


https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkyp0o886xzbrRUCgM2qkgcujE8dXFTpTLafAaoDDWm8YIrWMX

That's a part of my recent favorite song, Unforgettable by Sia. Unforgettable is the original soundtrack for Finding Dory. The story told us, even there are so many memories in our life, there must be one that always sticks in our head.

Why do we always remember that moment? It's so simple. Because it has a special impression in our heart. One of my unforgettable moments is when my friends and I got the first place in ImaginaXium Competition. It took place in 2013, when I was still in 8th grade.

ImaginaXium is an annual event that is held by one of the best school in Singapore, Anglo Chinese School. I was chosen to represent my school in that competition with my friends, Vinessa and Nathanael. I was accompanied by my Physics teacher, Mr. Adhit. Vinessa and Nathanael got a job to make azo dye while I had to paint something that represent Indonesia using azo dye. Azo dye is a synthetic dye in form of powder. If we want to use it, we have to dissolve it in water.

We went to Singapore by plane. We arrived at 10 o'clock in Changi Airport. After that, we went around the city before we went to Anglo Chinese School. When we were going to Anglo Chinese Scholl, we got lost. We took the wrong bus. Fortunately we could make it there on time. After we arrived, we were told about the competition schedule and rules. The competition took place in the next day.

My friends and I was so nervous but my teacher said that we didn't have to worry about anything else. We just had to focus on the competition. He said, "It's okay if you don't become the winner. The most important thing is the hard work that you have done for our school." I felt better and more confident after I heard that. My friends and I did our best.

We were so nervous when the jury announced the winner of ImaginaXium. When the jury called our school team as the first place, we were so shocked. I screamed so loud. We proudly  went up to the stage to take our trophy and certificate.

That's my unforgettable moment. I've learned so many things from that experience, such as hard work, teamwork, how to control our emotion in a competition, etc. I hope you can learn something too either from my story or your unforgettable moment.


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Yogyakarta

Raja Ampat

DEWA ATHENA