WATERCOLOR HISTORY

Hi everyone! 
As I've told you, I love painting so much. 

I've been painting since I was still 5 years old. ( I started drawing when I was 2/3 years old buy the way.)
There is a lot of painting technique, one of my favorite technique is watercolor. I love the look when I finish my painting.

Watercolor (or it's also called as aquarelle ) is a painting method which is the paints are made of water-based pigments. The support-materials for watercolor are paper, canvas, brush, and many more.  Watercolor painting is extremely old, It has been used since 1400. In that time, watercolor was used for manuscript illustration.  Watercolor became more popular in renaissance era, it's an era between  middle age and modern era. It was popularized by Albrecht Durer, a renaissance artist. He used it to paint wildlife, animals, and plants. Beside that watercolor was generally used for making cartoon or sketches. 

It wasn't easy to make a watercolor painting in 1400 unlike now. Now, watercolor has been packaged and sold in a form of tubes or blocks. We don't have to make it by our own. In 1400, artists had to formulate their own watercolor recipe! WOW! It sounds crazy to me. The first watercolor blocks were made and sold in 1766 by William Reeves. The interesting part of watercolor history is when people tried to add something for making watercolor. For example, honey was added to the formula for retaining moisture in watercolor. 

That's all from me. I hope you like it.





Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Yogyakarta

Raja Ampat

DEWA ATHENA